I give lectures, speeches, seminars etc. (in Danish, English or Italian) on my books and their subjects and on the writers whose works I have translated, e.g. Umberto Eco og Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa.
During the past couple of years I have given lectures etc. on e.g.
- Anders Lassen, e.g. A Danish Raider on Crete 1943-1945
- Paolo il Danese
- Italian Fascism and anti-Fascism; the Italian Resistance; WW2 in Italy
- Rome (past and present)
- Italian culture, history and current affairs
- The Catholic Church (past and present)
- South Tyrol
- The meeting of Danish/Nordic and Italian/South European cultures (e.g. focusing on mentality and culture, etiquette, negotiation and cooperation)
- Language policies and the politics of language; language as a "hard" competence; the necessity of learning foreign languages; bilingualism as a ressource rather than a problem
- Translation and interpretation
Form and contents are tailored to the occasion and the audience.
I also act as interviewer and moderator, mostly in literary contexts (e.g. book fairs, literature festivals, public debates etc.). Among the authors whom I have interviewed on stage are Salman Rushdie, A.S. Byatt, Lawrence Norfolk, Michael Frayne, Diane Setterfield, Antonmio Pennacchi, Antonio Tabucchi, Linn Ullmann, Jussi Adler Olsen, Jens Christian Grøndahl, Sara Blædel, Morten Kringelbach and Inger Frimansson.
Lectures etc. may be booked through Forfatterforedrag.